EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE NC BOARD OF PHARMACY
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2018 - THE INSPECTOR/INVESTIGATOR POSITION LISTED BELOW HAS BEEN FILLED. THE BOARD EXTENDS ITS THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2018
The NC Board of Pharmacy has an opening for an Inspector/Investigator
The available position is in Northwestern NC (District 2) covering the counties of: Alexander Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Graham, Haywood, Iredell, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Rowan, Stokes, Surry, Swain, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Yancey. It is recommended that applicants live within the area in which they will be working.
The primary duties of the position:
- Conduct investigations and inspections of permitted facilities, licensees, and registrants to ensure compliance with all state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Review pharmacy records for proper documentation
- Conduct interviews with pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, complainants, and other health care personnel.
- Compile findings into investigative reports and inspection reports
- Testify in administrative hearings and judicial proceedings
Requirements for application for the inspector/investigator position:
- 4-year degree and one year of pharmacy experience and/or investigations experience strongly preferred, or
- 2-year degree and two years of pharmacy or investigative experience minimum.
- Valid, unrestricted NC Driver’s License
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with testifying preferred
All applicants should submit a cover letter of interest along with a resume no later than Friday, November 30, 2018.
If you are selected for an interview, you must bring a certified copy of a criminal background check from your local county Superior Court Clerk.
TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2018 - THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER POSITION LISTED BELOW HAS BEEN FILLED. THE BOARD EXTENDS ITS THANKS TO ALL APPLICANTS.
The NC Board of Pharmacy has an opening for an Accounting Manager.
Duties of the position and qualifications are listed below. Please send a resume and cover letter of interest by email to Rhonda Jones, Director of Finance and Human Resources, email@example.com.
- Process and post vendor invoices and payments including online payments
- Print and mail checks
- Scan and file all invoices into document management system quarterly
- Process/reconcile expense reports of employees and Board members, and Board credit card charges for employees
- Maintain accounts payable records and files; research inquiries regarding payments and other accounting issues
- Pay and post all A/P transactions to general ledger including the reconciliation of the Bank of America Visa cards for all staff card holders, Verizon Wireless monthly invoice
- Process, print, and mail 1099’s
- Process/reconcile quarterly sales tax report
- Prepare and process, and enter journal entries into accounts receivable and general ledger
- Process/reconcile electronic receipts for 4 merchant accounts and authorize.net account
- Ensure all bank transactions are posted correctly to general ledger by the 8th of the following month
- Prepare and make deposits as needed
General Financial Responsibilities
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Maintain, reconcile, and post all bank accounts
- Provide monthly financial reports to Director of Finance and Human Resources, Executive Director, and Board Members with explanation of significant variances
- Monitor approved budget lines to insure compliance
- Monitor investment accounts in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Human Resources and investment managers; recommend changes as needed
- Prepare draft of annual budget for review by the Director of Finance and Human Resources, then Executive Director, to include projection of revenue and expenditures
- Prepare and present draft budget to Finance Committee after approval by Executive Director and Director of Finance and Human Resources
- Collaborate with Director of Finance and Human Resources on annual audit work including preparation and meetings
- Prepare/post journal entries as needed
- Maintain and update Accounting Manual Policies and Procedures
- Maintain file record retention and manage file storage
- File reports with the state of North Carolina – NC State Government Fee Reporting System (OSBM), Collection and Cost Report (OSBM), Board & Commissions Self-Assessment of Internal Controls (OSC)
Qualifications: BS - Accounting required, CPA preferred