Technician Renewal FAQs
- What is the cost for a Technician renewal? $30, payable only by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- How do I log in? On the Licensure Gateway page, choose the PERSONAL LICENSES tab and enter in your username and password.
- I forgot my username, what do I do? Click on the FORGOT USERNAME tile and follow the prompts.
- I forgot my password, what do I do? Click on the FORGOT PASSWORD tile and follow the prompts.
- I’m logged in and I don’t see the renewal application, where is it? Once logged in, scroll down to LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES and there you will you see a tile with a banner that says to renew, click on the banner. On the next page, click on RENEW and that will take you to the renewal application.
- Are technicians required to have CE to renew their NC Registration? No.
- Are technicians required to be working in a pharmacy in order to renew their NC Registration? Effective 10/1/2013, certified pharmacy technicians may renew their registration if not actively employed in that role. Non-certified technicians must be working in a pharmacy in order to renew.
- I’m working in a Free Clinic; do I have to renew? Yes. If you are only working in a free clinic, then the renewal fee is waived.
- What happens if I don’t renew my registration? Your registration status will move to INACTIVE if not renewed by March 1 and you are no longer allowed to work as a pharmacy technician in NC.
- I’ve finished my renewal; how do I print my certificate? After your payment has gone through, you’ll receive a CONFIRMATION PAGE. To navigate back to your main menu, click HOME. Once there, scroll down and click on the TECHNICIAN tile under LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES and it will take you to a new page. Once there, click on PRINT ANNUAL CERTIFICATE.
Contact Board staff with questions.